Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cooking date this Sunday

I have a cooking date (practice with friends again, they only pay for the groceries) for my food start-up this Sunday.

The menu:

- Cream of carrot soup

- Summer vegetable salad, sherry vinaigrette dressing

- Halibut en papillottes with wild mushrooms and spring onions - 2 fresh servings

- Goulash, garlic mashed potatoes - 2 servings refrigerated, 2 frozen

- Pork chops with ginger orange sauce, red quinoa - 2 refrigerated, 2 frozen.


It doesn't make sense to freeze the quinoa, I'll just put it in the fridge.

I am also going to make them a large stockpot of chicken stock, and freeze it in 1 quart freezer bags. The guy likes to cook himself, but he's super busy, and he's been complaining that he never has time to make stocks. I think he just doesn't have a right technique. When done right, the stock doesn't take any time, it just cooks itself.

See if I can do it all (including shopping at the farmers market and two grocery stores, one regular, one Asian) in 7 hours.

My friend who disappeared after my last test cooking date is fine, and says he enjoyed the food a lot, and lost a couple of pounds in the process. It was just a phone glitch. However, he still hasn't returned the containers. So I got another set of beautiful Pyrex containers for the coming one.

No comments:

Post a Comment